THE ARTIST COMMENTS - (Updates Every Friday)
Sunday, March 21st 2010
My Movie

Return to gallery

Stop Motion Puppet Heads, The Legend Of Wolf, Jeff Lafferty

I know everybody's waiting for the next card, the next commission, the next blog post, but all I want to do is work on the film.

I feel like I've turned some sort of corner, had an epiphany (a real one, not like the ones I've had every few days for most of my life) this time ... its different.

Since before I can remember, I knew I was an artist. If someone asked me what I was going to be when I grew up, I said without hesitation "An artist" My Dad use to hate that, he would say "How do you know what you are, maybe you where born a shoemaker?" and later, when I was a broke, struggling artist that couldn't get anywhere, he would say the same thing "How do you know what you are, maybe you where born a shoemaker?" and he would add "Your so sure your an artist, that you pass up every other opportunity that comes your way"

Honestly he was right, I'm stubborn and thick headed and I've passed by a hundred opportunities, just to stay broke and stay struggling because of what I thought was true. Eventually you get to a point where its hard to believe in anything anymore.

But this, the film, it feels so damn right!

When I stop and think about it with the reasonable part of my brain, I think "its crazy, its impossible, one guy can't do a movie, what the hell am I thinking" but even though I know that, I think if there's ever been a time to be hard headed and stubborn, to ignore opportunity, put my head down and go the absolute wrong way, its right now.

Like I said this, the movie, it feels so damn right.

See you next week
Jeff
Read the previous update