THE ARTIST COMMENTS - (Updates Every Friday)
Friday, March 12th 2010
Vampire Slayer
Return to gallery

Buffy, Sarah Michelle gellar, Original Art By Jeff Lafferty, Stop Motion Movie Puppets and Armature

Hi guys it's Friday and it's time for the weekly update.

First up, Buffy is in the works. A sketch card commission for Anjee and its coming along nicely. It feels good to be doing a few single cards again. I've done so many bigger pieces lately its nice to take a little breather and be able to turn over an entire piece in a night or two.

As long as I'm on the subject of sketch cards. I had a bit of a surge in the print orders over the last couple of weeks, so shipping out all those cards is taking me a little longer than usual. If you've order anything lately, you can expect it to take about two weeks to arrive.

This week a friend of mine, Sean Tiffany - Link came over saw the set and puppets for the stop motion project my wife and I are working on. He had nothing but nice things to say and I was really blown away by his enthusiasm. It made me feel like I'm on the right track!

His only criticism wasn't about the set or the film, but it was about the blog. He said "weekly just isn't enough" and honestly he might be right. Its almost tougher to write a big long post, rather than a bunch of little ones.

As far as the movie goes, I wired up a couple more armatures and worked on the first puppets costume. I really wanted to get it done, but I didn't quite make it. Here's the layout for one of my armatures before it gets wired together.

The silicone hands are finally starting to work out. I've got a good working model and after messing up a bunch of them, I think I've got some that might work.

See you next week
Jeff
Read the previous update