THE ARTIST COMMENTS - (Updates Every Friday)
Friday, February 26th 2010
Blog Goes Weekly
Return to gallery

Blizzard, Jeff Lafferty, Lifecam, Yoda Painting and Stop Motion Model By Jeff Lafferty

Well I'm sorry to say, but the blog is going weekly from now on.

I remember way back when I started all this, I was actually blogging daily. (Wow, what was I thinking) I just can't imagine doing that now. You guys that have stuck with me from the start have seen the blog dwindle from daily, to six days a week, then three, and now just once a week.

I had to come up with some kind of new solution, and I didn't want to just quit the whole thing. I just don't have the time, or the motivation, to keep the blog hitting on a three day a week schedule.

Its funny, as my site has grown and gotten more popular, I kind of feel a little stage fright when I sit down to write these posts. I know it sounds silly, but when you know seventy or eighty people are going to show up to read what you've got to say, it can almost be a little intimidating.

Anyway, I've made up my mind and the blogs defiantly going weekly. I'll try and make the post as beefy as I can and get them out on time as well.

Here's a few photos I snapped over the last few days.

A snow storm from earlier this week (when's summer going to get here?)

Here’s a picture of me I took with my new webcam. Its a way cool little camera, its called the Microsoft Lifecam Cinema and it actually shoots 720p widescreen and Hi-Definition video. Pretty amazing considering how small the thing is, its only about two inches long (that’s actually the mouse to my computer sitting next to it) I picked it up on Amazon, it cost about fifty bucks and I’m planning on using it to make some more videos for youtube.

I think it will make things quite a bit easier. I shot my first video - link with just my hand held, point and shoot still camera. I could only shoot five minutes of footage at a time and I didn’t really have a way to set it down and point it where I wanted it, so a lot of that video was actually shot with my camera in one hand and pencil in the other. The video came out pretty good but it defiantly wasn’t the best situation. The next commission is a Portrait of B.B. King and I think I’m going to try it out on that one.

Yoda’s not quite done yet, but almost. Hopefully David hasn’t given up on me yet, “It’s getting close David, almost, almost” David Deb is actually 'who' commissioned this piece by the way, and he’s a hell of a good sketch card artist himself, defiantly worth a look if you don’t know his work - Link

Last but defiantly not least, my wife and I art putting together a little stop motion film. Its probably way to early to be telling anyone about this (but I just can’t help myself) Here’s a set piece I made for it, a castle wall, made from 40 minute drywall mud and a sheet of OSB, and a castle door made with masonite, masking tape, sculpey and some good old acrylic paints.

See you next week
Jeff
Read the previous update