THE ARTIST COMMENTS - (Updates Monday, Wednesday & Friday)
Friday, February 19th 2010
Busy week and weekend
Return to gallery

Jeff Lafferty, Tim Carnegie, Yoda Painting By Jeff Lafferty

Hi everyone, haven't been around too blog for a while, so I figured tonight would be a good night to do a little catch up.

Last week I was busy painting, not sketch cards but a condo in downtown Denver. Money's been tight for me for the last few months, so this was an opportunity build the bank account back up (at least a little) Painting and general construction is how I made my living before I started doing cards a year ago. I enjoy it, I'm a guy that likes to work hard and be busy, so if this is what I need to do to keep Tanya and I afloat, I've got no problem with it.

My youngest brother, Tim came up for a visit over the weekend. That’s him there admiring his handy work on a shower valve. This picture is actually a couple of years old, I accidentally deleted all the pictures in my camera I took over the weekend (whoops) anyway, it was a great time. We ate a lot of good food and laughed a bunch, and when he finally went home Tuesday, even though I was glad to get back to work, I was a little sad to see him go.

Its funny, when you grow up, nobody's got any time, and it seems like you don't get to see the people you care about nearly enough.

To wrap things up, here's the Yoda update. I just started the color, actually I'm not much further along considering two weeks have past.

Well, all I can say is it been a busy damn two weeks.

Jeff
Read the previous update