THE DRAWING BOARD - Daily updates
July 15th, 2009
The Caves

Return to gallery

Caves Painting By Jeff Lafferty

I’m so glad this one is finally done. I enjoyed doing it, but it was a bit of a rollercoaster ride.

For a while I was convinced that this project was just never going to happen. Then when it actually did and I had to finish the piece, I really had a hard time wrapping my head around it again.

That’s always been one of the toughest things for me, sticking with pieces that just go on and on, or actually trying to restart something that I had stopped for whatever reason.

When I start a piece, I have all this energy and excitement about the idea. Then as I go on, that energy might wane but I still have the momentum and that helps propel me to finish.
When I start something right in the middle, uughh, its like trying to rollover an elephant.

Anyway I’m glad its finished and I’m looking forward to getting back to the Joker commission I‘ve got in the works.

One more thing, I also wanted to thank Steve yesterday for the comment, I appreciate it. Anybody else that wants to talk to me about something or ask a question. Please feel free to comment as well.

See you tommorrow
Jeff
Read yesterdays update