THE ARTIST COMMENTS - (Updates Monday, Wednesday & Friday)
Friday, December 18th 2009

Frank Frazetta Art Museum Robbery
Return to gallery
Star Wars, original Sketch Cards by Jeff Lafferty

A last look at the Tatooine cards before I stuffed them in an envelope and sent them off to their new home.

Sorry I missed the blog post Wednesday, it’s been a hectic week and I actually didn’t have much I could show. I’ve been finishing up a couple cards that are intended as Christmas presents, so I didn’t want to ruin anyone’s Christmas morning by accidently letting the 'cat out of the bag' so too speak and showing their piece on my blog.

One thing though that did catch my attention this week was a news story about Frank Frazetta, apparently his oldest son was arrested after he broke into the Frazetta museum and attempted to steal twenty million dollars worth of his father’s art. Here’s the news story about it – Link (The video starts with an advertisement, the story follows after that)

Crazy! I know, I couldn’t believe my ears when I heard about it. Frazetta’s been a hero of mine for years.

I’d like to think there some sort of reasonable explanation for this, but since Frank Jr.’s is now sitting in jail, sporting a $500,000 dollar bond I can’t imagine what it would be.

See you tommorrow
Jeff
Read yesterdays update