THE ARTIST COMMENTS - (Updates Monday, Wednesday & Friday)
Monday, November 30th 2009

Legend Of The Seeker Sketch Card
Return to gallery
Richard Cypher, original drawing by Jeff Lafferty

A Seeker card has been my project for the last couple days, Craig Horner as Richard Cypher from the TV show, Legend of the Seeker. It’s a pretty cool show, kind of a Xena/Hercules meets Lord of the Rings type thing.

I’m a little further along than what’s shown here, I just layered in the color washes last night before I went to sleep. I always think the initial color pass looks kind of bad, it sort of messes up the piece till I bring it back with all rendering in color pencil and paint.

I’ve always felt my weakest area artistically is the color. Drawing's easy, but the process of painting usually feels like an out of control disaster that somehow works out in the end. Of course, I guess that’s the main thing isn’t it, doesn’t matter how you get there, as long as you 'actually' get there.

Don’t forget about the Godzilla sketch card auction, no bids yet so you can still get it - Link

See you tommorrow
Jeff
Read yesterdays update