THE DRAWING BOARD - Daily updates
August 24th, 2009
Controversy

Return to gallery
Bridget Regan Original Art by Jeff Lafferty

The new card I'm working on, another commission (trying to get the list worked down) Kahlan from 'The Legend Of The Seeker'. I like that show a lot and I've been hoping someone would ask for her.

Thanks for the comment yesterday Jim, you where one of the guys that got in super early and stuck with me, I appreciate it immensely. I think the Stevie Ray Vaughan piece was only my fourth or fifth commission.

Guess I should mention this, there's some big controversy brewing between card artists Brian Kong and Mike Morgan. I woke up to my inbox literally over flowing with the outrage. One of them is supposedly ripping the other off (looks like they both just used the same piece of photo reference, but what do I know) Here's some links if anyone's interested in jumping in the fray - Link Link & Link

Honestly, I really don't know why people are sending me stuff about this, most of the time I'm on the receiving end of arguments like these. I don't know how many times I've been called a bootlegger, or accused of flooding the market with my so called 'counterfeit' cards. So now I'm suppose to jump on the band wagon and attack another artist ... I don't think so.

All this internet infighting and bickering reminds me of that Kissinger quote, without looking it up it goes something like "Academic politics are so bitter precisely because the stakes are so low."

See you tommorrow
Jeff
Read yesterdays update