THE DRAWING BOARD - Daily updates
May 24th, 2009

A Blast From The Past

Return to gallery
Britney Original art by Jeff Lafferty
Here's a little eye candy. This is a piece I did way back in 2000 and its one of my favorites.

This piece is significant because it was the later inspiration for the way I draw everything now. The tuscan red pencils and gesso or acrylic white paint on grey paper. Even the way I mount every piece on board and varnish it.

I think I've mentioned this before, but for a long time I didn't paint. It wasn't because I didn't want to or had lost interest but rather my life was just so busy. I'd started my own business (back then it was construction) and I had people working for me, all my time was just overwhelmed with responsibilities. It wasn't until I sold a painting on the net that it ever occurred to me, that maybe I could make living selling this stuff.

This is all relevant to this piece because, once I started painting again I actually looked back at my own work for inspiration. At pieces like this one, and then tried to take the next step from there.

By the way, if you want to see some ancient Jeff Lafferty art and I do mean, from the grave old, check out Sean Tiffany’s Blog - Link He posted some pretty cool comicbook stuff we collaborated on years ago.

See you tommorrow
Jeff
Read yesterdays update