Title: Phoenix
Size: 2 1/2” x 3 1/2” inches - ACEO sketch card
Medium: Acrylic and colored pencil on illustration board
Year: 2009
Private Collection (Sold)

Buy A Limited Edition Print - $7.99

Its funny, I shouldn’t even mention this because the whole thing was so bad, but 13 years ago, I was the penciler on a mini-series for Marvel Comics called Phoenix Resurrection. Don’t look it up, like I said it was horrible.

I’d like to blame it on the inkers (that’s my usual excuse) but it was only about 98% their fault. The other 2% I place squarely on the writers.

I’m kidding, everybody was doing their best. I just didn't have the chops to pull it off back then. Wouldn't mind taking another shot at it though, might be a different story this time around.