Snake Plissken ACEO Sketch Card by Jeff Lafferty

Title: Call Me Snake
Size: 2 1/2” x 3 1/2” inches - ACEO sketch card
Medium: Acrylic and colored pencil on illustration board
Year: 2009
Private Collection (Sold)

The Awesome Kurt Russell dealing out justice as Snake Plissken.

I for one, was defiantly looking forward to the outlaw world of the future. The one Hollywood promised us with movies like Escape From New York and Road Warrior.

I figured by 2000 most of the worlds population would have been wiped out by some horrible disaster and what little civilization there was left would be ruled by the genetically evolved apes. (of course we created 'em) Just me, my beater truck and my dog. A sketch book and a shot gun in the seat beside me. Nothing to do all day but drive around the desert looking for gas and dodging the ape patrols. Eventually the aliens would show up and then it would get really interesting.

But 2000 came and went and all we got were cell phones, starbucks, Paris Hilton, reality tv., photo radar and recycling ... the future sucks.

Well, at least I finally got to be a artist