Title: Do Or Do Not, There Is No Try
Size: 5 1/2” x 6 3/4” inches
Medium: Acrylic and colored pencil
Year: 2010
Private Collection (Sold)

Note: This piece is based on a design by Tim Fijak

This was a really fun piece to work on. It’s been the closest thing to a collaboration that I've done since I worked in comics, and that’s been ten years ago. David Deb a fellow sketch card artist commissioned this piece ...
(a recent update about the origins of this design have been brought to my attention.)

The piece was originally created by an artist named Tim Fijak. Its was a licensed Star Wars poster produced by a company named Liquid Blue. Tim's work is a photo collage and my painting is essentially a copy of Tim's piece. I had no idea that David didn't put this piece together himself, so for years this amazing design went uncredited. Eventually Tim found my website, and my painting, and contacted me ... I must admit I was a little embarrassed, but I'm happy to give credit, where credit is due! ... and I think Tim did a really bang up job on this design, thanks Tim!

View the pencil drawing of this piece
View the pencil drawing of this piece