THE DRAWING BOARD - Daily updates
June 13th, 2009

Tutorials

Return to gallery
Yoda Prints by Jeff Lafferty

Yoda continues to be my most popular print. This one just never seems to stop selling. I've been itching to do some more classic Star Wars cards. maybe after I get these next couple of commissions out of the way.

I get a lot of request for tutorials. I usually refer them to this blog, since I've pretty much shown all of the steps I go through and said what kind pencils and paper I like. But still people ask for tutorials.

The truth is I'm not a fan of doing those. The reason is I don't always do things the same way. (even though it might seem like I do) I'm still learning, I'm still experimenting I'm trying to get better and that's the part I can't really put in a tutorial. I can tell somebody what to do, but unless they're to a point where, they themselves, are ready to apply that knowledge, their still not going to be able to paint. The real key to creating any kind of art is being able to learn and hours and hours, (days, years) of practice.

See you tommorrow
Jeff
Read yesterdays update