Return to gallery
Carrie Fisher (Pencil study) ACEO Sketch Card by Jeff Lafferty

Title: Power Girl (Pencil Study)
Size: 2 1/2” x 3 1/2” inches - ACEO sketch card
Medium: Colored pencil and gesso on illustration board
Year: 2009
Private Collection (Sold)

This piece really helped me figure out that my art is much more connected to movies than comics. I know that’s weird to say especially since Power Girl is a comic book character and I was a comic book artist at one time. But, to me the movie art is much more like portraiture than anything else, its like fine art but I get to draw all the cool stuff.

I’ve said it before and I think it's worth repeating, I love doing the movie stuff most of all. I can’t image a better place for me and my work, than right here, right now, doing exactly this work.